Sunday, September 12, 2010

I conquered the "Beast of the East," the McGuire Mud Run. Along with my friends and family, we had a very rewarding day running a 10k race through 18 obstacle courses. My favorite obstacle was the low crawl through mud and water just .75 miles into the run. My least favorite was climbing the 12ft wall made of plywood with dirt on the back side. This would have been an easy obstacle if I would have used the rope but I decided to be ambitious and run up it without using the rope. I made it all the way to the top with 3 giant reaches of my little legs and lost my grip at the top. You can guess how this went, I completely ate it, the wall that is lol! My abrasions were not that bad, my high socks completely saved my shins, just allowing the skin to be removed from my knee, elbow, forearm, and wrist. What an emotional moment crossing the finish line. A special thanks to all my friends and family for joining me on this event. The race takes place every September in support of our military, this years race was on September 11th, I couldn't think of a better way to spend the day in support of our Country. I look forward to next years race, and improving my time.