Friday, May 2, 2008

Walnut Street Elementary School















I sat in the very same Kindergarten class today that I sat in about 30 years ago. This was a very special school visit for me today to say the least. A few weeks ago my local newspaper here in New Jersey printed a front page article about me and my children's oral health presentations. A few days later I received an E-Mail from a teacher in Darby Borough, where I grew up, commending me for my efforts with the children and inquiring where I went to grade school. Here she teaches at Walnut Street, where I went to grade school, she asked if I would come there to do my presentation for inspirational and educational purposes. I had such a great day today, the children were so sweet, they cheered for me as I walked through the cafeteria, what an inspirational visit for the children and for myself. I remember my challenges I faced growing up and I am thankful for them every day, they will always be with me, in a good way, I am me because of them. What an amazing team of teachers I met today, you can tell they truly care about the students, after all they reached out to me to bring something special to their children. A special thanks to Maryellen Turner for caring enough!!! I'll be back in a few weeks Walnut Street.